Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fall's Trend Alerts: Fabulous 40s

Yes girl, it is time to take your midi skirts and crepe jackets for a walk! Because this season is all about the fabulous 40s!
This trend has been spotted on many runaways, like Miu Miu, Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs and more!

 From left to right: Miu Miu, Miu Miu, Miu Miu, and Stella McCartney.

I personally want to snatch the first Miu Miu dress!



But for now, I will be sporting a 40s look with a midi skirt. I got my inspiration from a random picture on google of a lady from the 40s. I was searching for something similar to what the lady is wearing, and this is the result.
I found on Net-a-porter this modern midi skirt by Acne. I'll probably pair it up with a buttoned up dress shirt I have like the picture above on the right, but if you are intrested the shirt is by Acne too. The YSL Navy Tribute heels will look great with the outfit instead of that brown heels. If you noticed from the picture of the lady on the left, she is wearing beautiful jewelry although it is too outdated for me, but those Kenneth Jay Lane earrings will look perfect with the outfit. I won't wear a belt similar to hers, but if I will ..... I'll probably wear a thin red clasp belt.

So what do you think?! Should I add something?

No comments: